Welcome to the Official Website of the Government of Namibia
Namibia: Key Facts
Head of State and Government: President Hifikepunye Pohamba
Form of Government: Republic
Parliamentary System: Bicameral
State Structure: Unitary
Official Language: English
Currency: Namibia Dollar (N$); N$ 1 = 100 cents
Dialing code: +264
Internet au: .na
Recent Remarks and Statements
"A prosperous and industralised Namibia, developed by her human resources, enjoying peace, harmony and political stability."
- Ensure that Namibia is a fair, gender responsive, caring and committed nation, in which all citizens are able to realise their full potential, in a safe and decent living environment.
- Create and consolidate a legitimate, effective and democratic political system (under the Constitution), and an equitable, tolerant and free society, that is characterised by sustainable and equitable development and effective institutions, which guarantee peace and political stability.
- Develop a diversified, competent and highly productive human resources and institutions, fully utilising human potential, and achieving efficient and effective delivery of customer-focused services which are competitive not only nationally, but also regionally and internationally.
- Transform Namibia into an industrialised country of equal opportunities, which is globally competitive, realising its maximum growth potential on a sustainable basis, with improved quality of life for all Namibians.
- Ensure a healthy, food-secured and breastfeeding nation, in which all preventable, infectious and parasitic diseases are under secure control, and in which people enjoy a high standard of living, with access to quality education, health and other vital services, in an atmosphere of sustainable population growth and development.
- Ensure the development of Namibia's ‘natural capital' and its sustainable utilization, for the benefit of the country's social, economic and ecological well-being.
- Accomplish the transformation of Namibia into a knowledge-based, highly competitive, industrialised and eco-friendly nation, with sustainable economic growth and a high quality of life.
- Achieve stability, full regional integration and democratised international relations; the transformation from an aid-recipient country to that of a provider of development assistance.